Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lufthansa Miami to Berlin Long-haul coach Review

Miami to Berlin via Dusseldorf return on the A340-300 coach for under $600. On the way over, we had free alcohol, a delicious meal. Service was paced, not frantic in order to get it over with. No individual inflight entertainment but video monitors. Hot breakfast of an omlette, sausage, etc. Return was similar, two hot full-meals.
Seats are comfortable, and able to sleep on both transatlantic flights
Because I pre-ordered a diabetic meal, the flight attendants, addressing me by name, repeatedly asked if they needed to have special instructions, such as did I have to eat right away, or when to serve me. After years of American, Delta and Northwest across the Atlantic I was stunned that such service still existed. The seats were slightly uncomfortable and pitch maybe 32 inches and no in-seat movies. I hated transiting MIA however, because of the TSA and passport/customs attitude problems there