Monday, March 23, 2009

Car Seats Flying with baby Lufthansa airlines

I've also flown Lufthansa many times and only once did they take my car seat. It was FAA approved but the Flight Attendant said that it had to be IATA approved, which was annoying. I had the purser called over. He had to take it and I was miffed as I had paid for a seat for my under 2 daughter specifically to use it.
have to admit that was the only time this happened. Usually, Lufthansa was cool about using U.S. car seats onboard and other passengers have reported likewise when I was flying for a living myself (I was a Flight Attendant at Frankfurt). I never discussed it. I simply strapped my car seat in and used it.

What I suggest you do it pull out your owner's manual and see if it says anything about having universal approval. I know it exisits but I can't find the link right now. The FAA sent it to me awhile back.

Contact the seat manufacter and ask them to send you documentation that your seat is universally approved for airline use. Car seat companies are good about doing this. Radian told me my seat is, although it is not sold in Europe (only in America).


On Lufthansa long haul flight there are special baby beds available. Please beware that there is only a limited number of seats with baby beds available When booking your flight please inform our staff or the travel agent that you will be travelling with a baby Before takeoff and landing, give your child its dummy or its bottle to drink. That will help him or her to better balance the change in air pressure Lufthansa carries baby food on all its flights. But you shouldn't forget your baby's bottle and its favourite food! Water for the bottle is available on board. Our flight attendants will also warm the baby's bottle, and glasses, too. Just ask one of them - they’ll be glad to help you! There are changing tables in the washrooms on board