Monday, March 23, 2009

Lufthansa Miles & More vs Eurobonus (SAS)

they are pretty similar, both have pluses and minuses. I noticed that Lufthansa is a bit more expensive, and miles expire sooner (3 years vs Scandinavian Airlines's 4 years . But they also have more promotions and partners among retailers
Choosing a Frequent Flyer programme is like choosing a shampoo... which one does what, when , what's it like, etc etc
Well, I`m not a frequent flyer but Lufthansa was my choice. I know they are a pretty big airline, I mean they have a lot of destinations so more choices for me flying business or pleasure. The quality is what you get for your money.
Forget Scandinavian Airlines and their Eurobonus programme. Take Miles and More and try to fly no codeshare flights (so you should fly on LH metal and not SAS metal which can reduce your mileage earnings) then a roundtrip gives you at least 3000miles in W (via FRA, MUC), together with some promotions you will get a free flight (FLy smart award) after maybe 3 roundtrips =15000miles. There are not any different zones of Europe and the onboard product in cheap economy is way better than SAS.(everything for free)